ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Marysville, OH
- Remote, Ohio residents preferred
- Full-Time – Benefits eligible
- Contract to Hire
Our client is in need of a talented eCommerce Copywriter to write clear and compelling product copy that engages consumers while meeting brand standards and compliance requirements.
This position requires the ability to easily combine creative and technical writing skills to masterfully and succinctly tell product stories online, within concise retailer requirements. Must be able to write product copy for a variety of products, brands and categories (including, but not limited to: lawn and garden, live goods, indoor gardening, home decor, hydroponics, etc.). Projects include writing product copy for Retailers (Amazon, Lowe’s, Walmart, etc.) and owned SMG product pages as well as long & short-form blog and article content for web sites.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
- Manufacturing and selling consumer lawn, garden and pest control products, and soilless indoor gardening equipment since 1868
- Produce engaging, educational, and optimized product copy for all products across a wide variety of brands and categories
- Must be able to write for a high volume of product listings for many different brand voices across a myriad of retailer requirements with quick turnaround timing
- Be able to write short and long-form copy for blogs or articles featuring how-to tips, inspiration, education, awareness, etc.
- Must have an understanding of SEO and how it impacts search results both with Google and Retailer (ex. Walmart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, etc.) platforms and be able to successfully optimize for SEO and integrate keywords into copy
- Be able to go from research to idea and implementation on your own
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders to draft and finalize copy and be comfortable with multiple iterations and managing feedback from a myriad of cross-functional partners
- Be able to drive brand consistency across all products while adhering to brand and style guides, legal and regulatory requirements as well as working within the constraints of Retailer requirements for format, word and character counts
- Develop and actively maintain copy style guides per brand that win in the digital shelf
- Maintain an active understanding of all Retailer requirements including word and character counts for product titles, descriptors, bullets, long descriptions, enhanced content, landing pages, etc.
- Be able to manage your work independently within an online project management system, Google Suite, and Excel content forms as well as adhere to a workflow process for managing edits and feedback
- Be able to provide and leverage competitor analysis, research, and other data analytics to create content that is fully optimized and best-in-class
- Assistance with supporting systems (Workfront, Entries, DAM) as needed to manage updates for keywords, metadata, auditing, etc.
- Additional responsibilities assigned as special needs may arise and should be considered as important as brand/business responsibilities noted above
- Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English or related field
- 1-3+ years of professional copywriting experience with an agency or CPG company
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing and editorial experience editing copy
- Strong ability to simplify complex ideas into digestible information for consumers online
- Good listener and understanding for cross-functional stakeholder management
- Outstanding verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Must be able to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects within time constraints
- Willingness to take ownership of projects, meetings, and initiatives
- Must be able to successfully manage a very high volume workload across many variables for business groups, brands, and retailers
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
- A positive, go-getter attitude; passion for storytelling and helping build growing brands
- Demonstrated history of being a self-starter and working independently
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Must be able to provide writing samples
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Experience with SEO Tools like BrightEdge, Helium 10, etc.
- Experience in eRetailer/Omni retailers (Amazon, Lowe’s, Walmart, etc.) or other CPG company preferred but not required
- Gardening enthusiasts are a huge plus (or quickly willing to get hands in the dirt!)
Portfolio Creative is an award-winning women-owned specialized staffing and recruiting company providing talent in the digital, marketing, and creative industries. We work with clients in several states, and employ candidates in and outside of Ohio. Please note, we do not have the ability to work with candidates outside of the U.S.
Portfolio Creative is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to have a diverse and inclusive workforce and are committed to ensuring all employees are recruited, assigned, and employed on a nondiscriminatory basis.
Job Number: 6059